(New York Times)
News surrounding New York Fashion Week remains grim, as it will soon be announced that the venue will move from Bryant Park to Lincoln Center in 2010. Bryant Park has been home to Fashion Week for the past 15 years and costs IMG $1-1.5 million, but apparently Bryant Park Corporation is sick of all this fashion nonsense as it interferes with more important things like skating around an ice rink or lying on the grass. To channel my anger, I've made a list of reasons why Bryant Park must continue to host New York Fashion Week and Lincoln Center is not suitable!
1. Bryant Park is Louboutin walking distance from 4 Times Square. Lincoln Center is on 65th street.
2. The last time I was at Lincoln Center, David Blaine was living in a bubble, or seeing how long he could hold his breath.
3. "Nothing else is as good," said Anna Wintour, regarding Bryant Park.
4. Because tents on opposite sides of New York State Theater mean walking a block between the two.
5. With Vera Wang, Peter Som, DKNY and more opting out of Fashion Week, a new venue could be a catalyst for other to follow suit.
What do you think? Add to the list!